My Persuasive Presentations, LLC
Nancy currently is a certified Life Coach who offers a variety of Classes and Consultations under the umbrella phrase “Change Your Life.” You might choose to Change Your Life Habits, Career, Health, Relationships, Spiritual Practices, or To Release Stress or PTSD Trauma Symptoms. Maybe You’re just in transition as you Age to a new Stage! Whatever your need, Nancy probably can help you because of her vast experience and multiple certifications.
Nancy also is a Transpersonal Hypnotherapist, an NLP practitioner, and a holistic healer (My Get Well Guru). She has a rather vast business background and provides writing, editing, and small business consultations and services under My Persuasive Presentations, LLC.
Nancy has a colorful and unusual background. She has volunteered in shelters for homeless people and (with “Lifers”) at Sing Sing prison, and she has modeled for fragrance advertisements. Nancy has managed fiscal and emergency operations in higher education, while spending over twenty-five years as a Complementary and Alternative Medicine practitioner. She has written everything from scripts for the performing arts to newsletters, to complex IT proposals. Her workplace memoranda have been lovingly nicknamed, “memobilia.” She is a teacher, trainer, and tutor.
To learn in-depth about Nancy Wyatt, My Persuasive Presentations, LLC, see her LinkedIn profile for many more details.
Before we go further, if you already know you are interested in a free initial consultation and/or you want more information, feel free to contact us now at MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail.com or leave a message at 540-636-4311 . Otherwise, keep reading.
My Persuasive Presentations, LLC ~ Highlights
Nancy Wyatt Wears Many Hats ~ Business Background
In addition to being a writer/editor and presenter, Nancy is a seasoned manager. She worked for international corporations, small businesses, state agencies, higher education, and non-profits. Her duties ranged from fiscal operations to emergency operations, from grants administration to police and parking enforcement, and from procurement to event planning. She also taught and trained staff throughout her work life. Thus, she is familiar with the fundamentals of all types of functions and organizations. This knowledge helps her help you, if you want training modules, own a small business, and/or need legal or process-oriented forms to enhance your policies and procedures and to ensure you are covered for audits.
Examples of Varied Projects for which Nancy Was
Developer, Writer, Editor, and Producer
Sleep Like A Baby, Guided Meditation with Music by world-famous Reiki Master, Llewellyn.
Available in MP3 and wave downloads Plus CD’s
or go to iTunes, Amazon Digital Services, and other world-wide outlets.
Speeches and Power Point Presentations
How To Start A Business and related business classes
- While employed at Northern Virginia Community College (NOVA), she was a member of the College’s Speakers Bureau.
- She prepares speeches and training materials (often including animated PowerPoint presentations) for other people. Here is a quick, fun example. (Click on the arrow in the lower left corner by the gray stripe.)
Educational and Training Classes Power Point Presentations
Nancy now has a web page entirely devoted to providing details about some of her training and presentation experience. Please click on TRAINING AND PRESENTATIONS for details.
Again, before we go further, if you already know you are interested in a free initial consultation and/or you want more information, feel free to contact us now. Otherwise, keep reading for more details about: Policies and Procedures, Scripts, Blogs, Event Planning, Newsletters, Book Editing, Awards, etc.
Auditable Documentation of Policies and Procedures
Pacific Tel & Tel Co (Menlo Park, California)
National Urban League Headquarters (New York, New York)
Robert Crandall & Associates, Inc. (New York, New York)
Applied Data Research, Inc. (Paramus, New Jersey)
Northern Virginia Community College (Manassas, Virginia )
- Created a manual of office policies and procedures, which needed to be codified – Pacific Tel & Tel
- Codified or created policies and procedures that 105 field operations headquarters must follow to be in accord with national headquarters’ policies and procedures – National Urban League, Inc.
- Created and implemented a Human Resources department (from scratch) and documented all company policies and procedures for Robert Crandall & Associates, Inc.
- Codified policies and procedures for the six Regional Administrative Offices (which reported to me) to follow. My “territory” included 2/3 of the U.S., as well as part of Canada at one point. – Applied Data Research, Inc.
- Documented detailed financial processes for handling tuition, fees, and other receipts of money. The policies and procedures, as well as the documentation, itself, have to meet audit standards of internal (state) and external audit agencies – Northern Virginia Community College
- Created and constantly updated SOP and emergency management policies and procedures for both the campus police and for the campus at large – Northern Virginia Community College
Interviews and Scripts for Videos, a Play, a Book Introduction
- Prince William County Better Beginnings Coalition (Interviews &Video for Cable Television)
- Greater Prince William Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Coalition (video project)
- Domestic Violence Coalition – (Play, entitled, “Break The Chain”)
Variety Pack (Nancy was Owner/Producer/Writer/Director)
See script summaries for 3 Hots and A Cot or scroll down for more information and to see the awards won for this work. Go below to Scripts for Educational and Performing Arts
- It Could Happen To You and 3 Hots and a Cot (compilation of scripts performed by homeless people)
- Breaking the Chain (play about domestic violence)
- AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Addiction, Abuse
- Street Hustler/Drug Pusher – A Scary Dude, Who Really is a Teddy Bear
- A young girl, whose family was made homeless by a fire, and who is being seduced at the shelter by a drug pusher
- The societal consequences of having large numbers of homeless people
- The life and joy that can be found, even when one has AIDS
- Good deeds of homeless people, who give, despite having “nothing.”
- Introduction to Ph. D. thesis for client who wrote about the founder of the Howard University School of Nursing
- Annual Conference for the Commonwealth of Virginia Management Association (brochure, flyers, agendas, etc.)
- Numerous brochures, flyers, announcements for a variety of events at Northern Virginia Community College
- All aspects of College For Kids (a summer “camp” for grade schools students) at Northern Virginia Community College
Brochures and Flyers
- Numerous brochures, flyers, announcements for events at Northern Virginia Community College
- Brochures for my own Holistic Healing business
- Brochures and flyers for specific events related to social service activities
- Blogs – With Intent To Sell
- Blogs with Intent To Educate – Wellness Products
- Short and Informal Blogs; Long and Formal Blogs
- Research Blog Content and Pictures, As Needed
- Blogs About the Benefits of Products and Services She Sells
- I edited the book, Black Students. New York: Free Press. 1970. LCCN 79116809, by Harry Edwards, Ph. D. He also wrote The Revolt of the Black Athlete. Dr. Edwards, according to Wikipedia, currently is: ” Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of California, Berkeley. He has served as a staff consultant to the San Francisco 49ers football team and to the Golden State Warriors basketball team. He has also been involved in recruiting black talent for front-office positions in major league baseball.” Here is the link for more information from that source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Edwards_(sociologist) . Here is the link where you may purchase his book, The Revolt of the Black Athlete:
- Numerous articles, speeches, and book manuscripts for Dr. Gloria I. Joseph, while we were at Cornell University, where she was the Director of the Committee on Special Educational Projects (COSEP) program.
- The Book for Math Empowerment, by Sandra Manigault. Here is the link to The Manigault Institute, founded by Sandra and Donald Manigault, an organization for which I also am a private college prep tutor for the critical reading and writing portions of the SAT Exam.
Nancy’s website for all things metaphysical is www.getwell.guru. Please Visit!
Scripts for Educational and Performing Arts
Nancy was President/Writer/Producer Director f Variety Pack, a non-profit, serving people in Washington, D.C. These folks were homeless, drug addicted, HIV+, sexually abused, and/or suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Nancy scripted their stories. She and the homeless people, themselves, performed them as monologs to educate people about the reasons for and complexity of their circumstances. They performed for educational, religious, civic and governmental organizations, before members of Congress and for the Virginia Governor’s Conference on Housing and Homelessness. The National Archives taped a performance; a script was entered into the Congressional Record, and her troupe performed on cable television. These efforts, along with assisting people in finding jobs, going back to school, having sufficient food, clothing, medical care, and drug rehabilitation, resulted in a number of awards.
Some of Nancy’s Awards Include:
The International Woman of the Year Award
The Who’s Who of International Business and Professional Women’s Hall of Fame Award
The Who’s Who of American Women Award
The WDC*TV Women Making A Difference Award
The Governor’s Gold Medal Award
The One and Only Channel Nine Award, (WUSA*TV)
The American Jefferson Award
More samples of volunteer work, which enrich her writing skills:
Prince William County, VA: worked with homeless, addicted, sexually abused, and HIV+.
Served on Boards of Directors and in many civic and governmental committees and task forces to enhance community programs and services.
Sing Sing Prison, New York
Big Brothers, Inc., New York City
Volunteers of America in Virginia
The Washington Ear, Maryland, where she hosted a radio show for sightless people
She currently serves on Chamber of Commerce committees serving veterans and community wellness objectives.
This very same Nancy is certified in a number of wellness modalities, commonly referred to as being within the Complementary and Alternative Medicine realm. Nancy writes and teaches about meditation and CAM, so you will see more information about products and services on her website: www.getwell.guru. We hope you will follow her there, too.
In other words, Nancy is a multi-faceted person with a vast background of experiences in many walks of life. This enables her to understand and to empathize with your situation, which will help her put your thoughts into words, which meet your needs.
LET’S TALK! HELP IS ON THE WAY!