2017 Key Writing, Editing, Training and Presentation Projects
- Writing and Editing of technical training manuals for a sub-contractor to the Department of State.
- Web and blog content
- Development of classes including PowerPoint, video, and related materials for business and personal growth classes I teach.
Listed below are examples of various other technical, business, and more creative projects for which I have had primary responsibility.
How To Start A Business and related basic business classes
Please Click Here for an ever-out-of-date list of seminars and workshops. It probably is incomplete when you read it, as Nancy develops new classes, at client request, frequently.B5
Before we go further, if you already know you are interested in a free initial consultation and/or you want more information, feel free to contact us now at MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail.com or by leaving a message at (540) 636-4311 (Eastern Standard or Daylight Time). Otherwise, keep reading for more details about: Policies & Procedures Manuals, Technical Training Manuals, Video Production, Event Planning, Newsletters, Book Editing, Awards, etc.
Auditable Documentation of Policies and Procedures
Created for the following:
Pacific Tel & Tel Co (Menlo Park, California)
National Urban League Headquarters (New York, New York)
Robert Crandall & Associates, Inc. (New York, New York)
Applied Data Research, Inc. (Paramus, New Jersey)
Northern Virginia Community College (Manassas, Virginia )
- Created a manual of office policies and procedures, which needed to be codified – Pacific Tel. & Tel.
- Codified or created policies and procedures that 105 field operations headquarters must follow to be in accord with national headquarters’ policies and procedures – National Urban League, Inc.
- Created and implemented a Human Resources department (from scratch) and documented all company policies and procedures for Robert Crandall & Associates, Inc.
- Codified policies and procedures for the six Regional Administrative Offices (which reported to me) to follow. My “territory” included 2/3 of the U.S., as well as part of Canada at one point. – Applied Data Research, Inc.
- Documented detailed financial processes for handling tuition, fees, and other receipts of money. The policies and procedures, as well as the documentation, itself, have to meet audit standards of internal (state) and external audit agencies, including the Virginia Joint Legislative Audit & Review Commission (JLARC) and the Agency Risk Management and Internal Control Standards (ARMICS) – Northern Virginia Community College
- Created and constantly updated SOP and emergency management policies and procedures for both the campus police and for the campus at large – Northern Virginia Community College
Interviews and Scripts for Videos, a Play, a Book Introduction
- Prince William County Better Beginnings Coalition (Interviews &Video for Cable Television)
- Greater Prince William Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention Coalition (video project)
- Domestic Violence Coalition – (Play, entitled, “Break The Chain”)
Variety Pack (Nancy was Owner/Producer/Writer/Director)
- It Could Happen To You and 3 Hots and a Cot (compilation of scripts performed by homeless people)
- Breaking the Chain (play about domestic violence)
- AIDS, Homelessness, Hunger, Addiction, Abuse
- Street Hustler/Drug Pusher – A Scary Dude, Who Really is a Teddy Bear
- A young girl, whose family was made homeless by a fire, and who is being seduced at the shelter by a drug pusher
- The societal consequences of having large numbers of homeless people
- The life and joy that can be found, even when one has AIDS
- Good deeds of homeless people, who give, despite having “nothing.”
- Introduction to Ph. D. thesis for client who wrote about the founder of the Howard University School of Nursing
- Annual Conference for the Commonwealth of Virginia Management Association (brochure, flyers, agendas, etc.)
- Numerous brochures, flyers, announcements for a variety of events at Northern Virginia Community College
- All aspects of College For Kids (a summer “camp” for grade schools students) at Northern Virginia Community College
Brochures and Flyers
- Numerous brochures, flyers, announcements for events at Northern Virginia Community College
- Brochures for my own Holistic Healing business
- Brochures and flyers for specific events related to social service activities
- Blogs – With Intent To Sell
- Blogs with Intent To Educate – Wellness Products
- Short and Informal Blogs; Long and Formal Blogs
- Research Blog Content and Pictures, As Needed
- Blogs About the Benefits of Products and Services She Sells
- I edited the book, Black Students. New York: Free Press. 1970. LCCN 79116809, by Harry Edwards, Ph. D. He also wrote The Revolt of the Black Athlete. Dr. Edwards, according to Wikipedia, currently is: ” Professor Emeritus of Sociology at the University of California, Berkeley. He has served as a staff consultant to the San Francisco 49ers football team and to the Golden State Warriors basketball team. He has also been involved in recruiting black talent for front-office positions in major league baseball.” Here is the link for more information from that source. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harry_Edwards_(sociologist) . Here is the link where you may purchase his book, The Revolt of the Black Athlete:
- Numerous articles, speeches, and book manuscripts for Dr. Gloria I. Joseph, while we were at Cornell University, where she was the Director of the Committee on Special Educational Projects (COSEP) program.
- The Book for Math Empowerment, by Sandra Manigault. Here is the link to The Manigault Institute, founded by Sandra and Donald Manigault, an organization for which I also am a private college prep tutor for the critical reading and writing portions of the SAT Exam.
Nancy’s website for all things metaphysical is www.getwell.guru. Please Visit!
Scripts for Educational and Performing Arts
Nancy was President/Writer/Producer Director f Variety Pack, a non-profit, serving people in Washington, D.C. These folks were homeless, drug addicted, HIV+, sexually abused, and/or suffered from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Nancy scripted their stories. She and the homeless people, themselves, performed them as monologs to educate people about the reasons for and complexity of their circumstances. They performed for educational, religious, civic and governmental organizations, before members of Congress and for the Virginia Governor’s Conference on Housing and Homelessness. The National Archives taped a performance; a script was entered into the Congressional Record, and her troupe performed on cable television. These efforts, along with assisting people in finding jobs, going back to school, having sufficient food, clothing, medical care, and drug rehabilitation, resulted in a number of awards.
Guided Meditation with Music by world-famous Reiki Master, Llewellyn.
Available in MP3 and wave downloads Plus CD’s
or go to iTunes, Amazon Digital Services, and other world-wide outlets.
This very same Nancy is certified in a number of wellness modalities, commonly referred to as being within the Complementary and Alternative Medicine realm. Nancy writes and teaches about meditation and CAM, so you will see more information about products and services on her website: www.getwell.guru. We hope you will follow her there, too.
In other words, Nancy is a multi-faceted person with a vast background of experiences in many walks of life. This enables her to understand and to empathize with your situation, which will help her put your thoughts into words, which meet your needs.
LET’S TALK! HELP IS ON THE WAY!