Below, you will find a partial list of classes and training modules in 1) basic business topics, 2) computing for beginners, and 3) personal or spiritual growth subjects.
As a trainer and personal life coach, I develop new offerings often. The classes are available to individuals or to groups. You also could engage me to customize classes or training for your own needs. Another option is for you to hire me to review, edit, or write your own training materials, whether they are handouts in Word or PowerPoint presentations.
Book Me to Create and Conduct My Classes or Yours!
Contact me for a free initial consultation at this email address: MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail.com, or leave a telephone message for me. If you prefer to send a private message through Facebook, here are some of my FB business pages.
Okay, let’s look at some of my training and class offerings now.
Aging Beats the Alternative – a Series of Classes!
This is a series of sessions about the transitions people make as their bodies, lives, needs, health, and attitudes change over time. Closely related is a workshop for women on “Putting Yourself First For A Change.”
I also teach about handling various forms of grief, surviving the loss of a loved one, overcoming fears or limiting beliefs, and changing habits that do not serve you well. Still another aspect to consider is whether a person is helping or enabling another. These topics may be taken as individual classes or part of the series on Aging.
As with all my classes, the seminars and workshops are available to groups and to folks who want personal instruction. Many of the classes are open to the public. See the schedule (for Northern Virginia) and RSVP at Change Your Life Meetup page.
For certain classes, I create customized HypnoMeditations to make available to attendees. Most offerings are overview seminars or workshops and include extensive notes and links for further research. I also can deliver training in specific techniques which help people overcome problems or are other stress-inducing topics.
“All You Need To Know About….”
~ Training in Basic Business and Beginner Computer Skills ~
Take a Series or Individual Classes
I give extensive handouts, with links and resource references, in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction!
I prefer giving one-one-one private sessions to people who are unaccustomed to using computers. It’s less stressful, and we can proceed at your own pace without worrying about what anyone else is doing and how fast or slowly they are proceeding.
Some of the training sessions I offer are as follows.
- Basic Business Correspondence ~ These classes can be for large or small audiences and even for individuals. They will be customized to meet your needs.
- Creating Effective Elevator Speeches or Long Presentations for Many Occasions ~ An “elevator speech” or “elevator pitch” is comprised of what you might say to people in an elevator who ask, “What do you do?” Your goal is to state – quickly and clearly – the key points about your business or project in a way that makes them want to know more. The concept is that you only have the amount of time it takes for them to get to the floor on which they will leave the elevator.
That is the short version. However, I also teach how to use the same material in an expanded form for occasions, such as when you are partnered with a stranger at a dinner, for example. There are “Do’s” and “Don’t Do’s,” which I’ll be happy to share with you. For speeches and longer presentations, ask about my class on How To Give Persuasive Presentations.
- Creating Basic Typed Documents ~ “Put Your Words Into Word” (a training class for beginners). We’ll learn how to write, using a computer. We’ll find out how to insert pictures, how to format documents, how to print them, and more. You’ll see how to create a document from a blank page or a template (with pre-designed formatting) to use in projects like blogging, letters (personal or business), your life story (a legacy for your grandchildren or a real book), poetry, proposals, business plans, invitations, ads, or scripts, Your Word document also can become content for your web page.
- Creating Creative PowerPoint/Videos ~ for business or pleasure. Learn how to put words and images into slide format (with or without narration or music). The slides can be converted to videos. They can be used for personal or business purposes, to depict volunteer activities, and to educate people.(You could use this skill for anything from a business plan to a fancy invitation to an event. Use your imagination!) It tells your story visually for an audience that needs to see, not just hear what you have to say.
- Tutoring in copywriting ~, such as for Word Press pages and posts.
Entrepreneurship 101 Training
Especially for job seekers, who have not yet found success, I provide an overview of some of the many things a person must consider first and then do if starting a business – even if it is a one-person consultancy.
I designed this class for a beginning entrepreneur who does not know what is involved, but wants to consider options and/or is just starting and wants to ensure “all bases are covered.”
These classes can be for large or small audiences and even for individuals. I offer a one-hour mini overview class, but I teach most of the classes as 6-hour workshops. I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction. Contact me for a FREE initial consultation as to content and price.
Basic Training in Job Hunting
Competing for Jobs In The Technology Age ~ a training class for the age of computers
Again, I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
- Create a Basic LinkedIn Page To Find Employment or Customers ~ LinkedIn is designed for professionals to use for professional purposes only, and it is A MUST for job-seekers, because roughly 90% of Human Resources or Hiring Authorities are looking at an applicant’s LinkedIn page before deciding whether an interview will be granted. You NEED to have a well-developed LinkedIn page to be taken seriously. I’ll teach you about key things to do and to avoid in order to be successful at presenting yourself on LinkedIn. Let me help you. I shall use my page to show you examples of things I did correctly and mistakes I made. Note: as with all things social media, LinkedIn changes things constantly and without notice, but we’ll learn the basics.
Basic Training in Social Media Venues
I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
- Creating Basic Facebook Pages ~ (for business, personal use, events, invitations, sales, etc.) Facebook allows you to create personal pages for communicating with your friends (and acquiring new ones you’ve never met). It also allows you to create business pages or groups for your business and to promote events, as well as to sell online. Note: as with all things social media, Facebook changes things constantly and without notice, but we’ll learn the basics.
- Making Friends with Meetup ~ Meetup.com is easy to use and a great resource for people who do not want to use dating sites, but who want to find new friends with shared interests. You can choose any subject you like. Examples range from photography or hiking to raising pigs or just going out to dinner or a movie. It’s easy and convenient. When you join Meetup, you always know of some options for getting out of your routine (or your house) to find and for making new friends.
Metaphysics and Meditation
Examples include Meditation, Metaphysics, Holistic Healing, Correcting Eyesight, Exploring the Akashic Records, NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming), Transpersonal Hypnotherapy, Affirmations, etc. I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
Classes range from one-hour offerings to half or whole day sessions.
These two are half to whole day classes, depending on how many people are in the class. 1) Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine modalities 2) Meditation, Affirmations, and Visualization (compare and contrast). There are many more topics, including ways in which to enhance your vision or to obtain information from the Akashic Records. These classes are described in my holistic health website: www.getwell.guru. I update them, as new classes are developed. They often are available both as webinars and in person. In some cases, you can get just the PowerPoint, video, or hard copies less expensively. Please check me out.
Let’s collaborate to create new classes which meet your individual needs.
- You give me the topic and the raw materials.
- I flesh it out and jazz it up into a class presentation.
- You teach or, or I teach it.
- I do additional research, find graphics, etc., if you wish.
Contact me for a FREE initial consultation. 540-646-4311 or use the form below.
Fees by the Hour or by the Project
My fees vary, depending on whether you choose editing, writing, reviewing, or training services. Fees also are influenced by the:
- amount of lead time you provide
- complexity of the work
- amount of research involved.
- travel requirements
- ability to do the work and transmit it online for the most part.
If you put me on retainer for six months, I’ll give you a reduced rate. You also may qualify in other ways to be one of my VIP Clients. In addition, I occasionally give discounts to specific networking group members and to worthy causes. Contact me for details.