Have You Seen How Much People Charge For Professional Resume Packages?!!
I have. I thought there was something wrong with me when I saw how much time and effort I had to put into creating a Professional Resume Package for a colleague of mine, so I researched the “going rate” on the Internet and found people are charging $1,200 – $1,800 for resumes! Given the number of hours and amount of work I was incurring, I realized that these figures are completely fair and realistic, when people are trying to find positions in this “Age of Technology.”
The job hunting games is completely different from even five years ago, and I wound up creating a class about it! However, I digress … back to the subject of resumes ….
This man is one of my VIP Clients, so I gave him a discount, and he was hired IMMEDIATELY upon the company’s opening his uploaded materials, as you will see from his testimonial below. It was a blessing and worth the money for both of us. There were smiles everywhere – from his new employers to his friends, who have heard the story, and, of course, on my face. Let me tell you what the Professional Resume Package includes and then I’ll share the story from his perspective.
Professional Packages for Resumes
The overall concept is that I will create resume packages, which applicants can use as a template that they customize for each position. This means they don’t have to keep hiring me (unless they want to) to do the customization for them.
- We start by scheduling a free initial consultation, which can last as long as an hour, so that I can learn more about you and your goals, and we can determine whether you want a chronological or a functional resume. (There also may be a different format required for specific industries, such as resumes for the performing arts.)
- You then can decide to take my 1 hour class as a “stand-alone” option and proceed to do the rest of the work of creating your resumes without me.
- You also could decide to take the class and simply have me review (critique) the materials you already have, rather than my editing and revising them. The price for reviewing and making suggestions is less expensive than the price for writing/editing.
- If you decide to engage me for writing and editing, the “job-hunting class” is free, as part of the Professional Resume Package.
- I can create a resume “from scratch,” if necessary; however the Client usually provides whatever he or she has been using, and I edit it. The cost for that depends on the degree of complexity and research involved to customize it for specific positions and/or specific industries.
- I provide a cover letter – also designed for a specific position or industry.
- I provide a template for thank you letters to be sent to people who interviewed you.
- You may make revisions* to as many as two drafts as part of the initial package before the final is submitted to you. *Revisions must be “within reason’ | not interpreted to mean vast changes or starting over. If you want to do that, it will be done under a new agreement.
- Half the agreed-upon price is due after the free initial consultation and before I start work. The final payment is due when we have completed any revisions, so I then may I give you the final package, upon receipt of payment.
- An alternative is to hire me, on a Retainer basis, for X number of hours per month, so that I can meet these and other reviewing, editing, or writing needs. Such contracts are for a six-month minimum period.
Now, let’s see what my VIP Client, Scott, had to say about his job-search experience with me. He is a construction engineer, specializing in cost estimating, who engaged me for resume editing and cover letter writing in October, 2015.
Testimonial – Resumes
Nancy is the epitome of professional when it comes to resume editing and writing or any other editing projects. She is always on time for meetings to discuss my resume and always prepared beyond belief. Ms. Wyatt does her homework to understand something she may not know or figures out a better angle to present the information to the potential employer for maximum impact.
Nancy took the time to understand, in-depth, my industry and my gifts and capabilities to tailor the wording of the resume to highlight those gifts and talents specifically to the position I was pursuing. The success of this approach showed up in the time it took for my new employer to call me after I uploaded my resume to his site.
The President of my present employer said that the resume Ms. Wyatt prepared for me was the most impressive resume he had ever seen in his life. (The gentleman is in his 60’s.) In fact, the company had been ready to hire a different applicant before my resume was received. Just to prove my point, I sent the resume in at 9:00 am on Monday and was called 1.5 hours later. That happened on a Monday. On Wednesday, I interviewed with the Vice President of the company; and, on Friday, I interviewed at 1:00 pm with the hiring group. I was hired later that Friday afternoon.
The added changes and the amazing editing craft and hard work Nancy put into my first attempt at creating a resume turned my resume into poetry that Mona Lisa would be more than impressed to read, if she wasn’t just a painting.
Nancy understands the proper format, font, style of resume writing per industry: for example, government versus commercial styles or another industry. That was impressive in and of itself. Nancy was the only editor/writer who prepared both a chronological and functional resume to be sent out.
In my opinion Nancy is the Top Gun of resume/CV editing and writing. When you are going after that one position you know you are the best fit and have all the background for, how could you not go with a professional like Nancy?
So, Do It The Write Way! Let My Fingers Do Your Talking!
(Don’t freak out if my hair is brown or some other color when you meet me! I have a theatrical gene!)