Scripts – Tapping – EFT, Emotional Freedom Technique
My EFT scripts are NOT intended to be a training course in the teaching, use, or application of the Emotional Freedom Techniques, known as “tapping.” There are experts who have created videos and other materials, based on considerable experience. I shall supply references, in case you would like to research them.
My EFT scripts are my original creations in which I use words and concepts to make my own and my clients’ or friends’ EFT practices more meaningful, as they are based on issues or symptoms that we, personally, have experienced. I share them here in the hope that they also will prove beneficial for you. I make no medical claims, but simply offer words I use to talk with myself during the “tapping” process.
EFT techniques have been known to relieve emotional and physical distress; however, in the process, one may experience heightened intensity. If you choose to use these or any other scripts to practice the EFT techniques, you are fully responsible for any outcomes; and neither I nor any other founder nor practitioner may be held liable for results that you find unsatisfactory. Of course, you also may create your own scripts or language to use, instead, just as I have.
It works because the “tapping” is done on the same meridians and acupuncture points used in Eastern Medicine and because thoughts are things. What you envision and speak becomes your reality. See the section below referring to Louise Hay and her work in this field.
Where Are Those EFT Stress Relief Tapping Points?
Below is the list – in order – of the tapping points. Hard tapping is not necessary or desirable. A gentle tap will do. As you become more experienced, you may find that you need not cover all the points each time. But do all when you are a beginner, as you probably will not know which points are needed for which kinds of issues. Here are the locations.
- Karate Chop (this is exactly where you think it would be if you picture a person karate chopping a board, using the side edge of the upturned hand.
- Eyebrow (EB) (between the eyebrows in the Third Eye Chakra area)
- Side Of Eye (SE) (at the outside edge of the eye)
- Under Eye (UE) (under the center of the eye on the lower eyelid)
- Under Nose (UN) (in the center between the nose and mouth)
- Chin (CH) (in the center crease – half way between the lower lip and the lower edge of the chin)
- Collarbone (CB) (just under the collarbone )
- Underarm (UA) (for women, it is at the bra line; men can guess the equivalent) Head (H) (at the top of the head where the Crown Chakra is)
For more visual views, go to Mr. Craig’s web site, where there is a drawing of the tapping locations at: http://www.eft-tom.com/46.html. Nick Ortner is another person who is well-known in this field and has videos showing how to do this. The web site is:: http://thetappingsolution.com.
The “Basic Recipe” of EFT
1. Choose a problem on which to focus.
This can be any emotional or physical challenge. Some examples are: low self-esteem, grief, jealousy, eyesight degeneration, digestive issues, or back pain. 2: Take a moment to turn your attention inward into your emotional or physical body.
2. In a moment of silence, let yourself completely sense whatever feelings arise as you think about the problem.
3. Then, rate your anxiety or discomfort level on a scale of 0-10 (where 0 = no distress or pain and 10 = highest level of emotional and/or physical discomfort).
Take a moment to fully experience the feelings within your body or emotions when you think about the problem before you rank it. Notice where, in the body, the sensations are strongest.
4. Perform the “Set Up.”Think of a brief and accurate way to sum up the issue, and then form a statement that acknowledges the problem, but also affirms that you accept and love yourself.
You will repeat this three times while tapping the sides of your hands together in the karate chop way. You also could tap the edge of one hand, using the fingers of the other hand. Tap gently. Here is an example of what you might say while tapping on the issue of eyesight.
1. Even though I see less clearly than in my youth, I deeply love and appreciate myself exactly as I am now.
2. Even though I see less clearly than in my youth, I deeply love and appreciate myself exactly as I am now.
3. Even though I see less clearly than in my youth, I deeply love and appreciate myself exactly as I am now.
5. After the Set Up is done, you will begin tapping about 5 – 7 times each on the other tapping points, while following the script you choose. Do that in the order below as you use language to accept current reality and to create new reality.
1. Eyebrow (EB) (between the eyebrows in the Third Eye Chakra area)
2. Side Of Eye (SE) (at the outside edge of the eye)
3. Under Eye (UE) (under the center of the eye on the lower eyelid)
4. Under Nose (UN) (in the center between the nose and mouth)
5. Chin (CH) (in the center between the lower lip and the lower edge of the chin)
6. Collarbone (CB) (just under the collarbone )
7. Underarm (UA) (for women, it is at the bra line; men can guess the equivalent)
8. Head (H) (at the top of the head where the Crown Chakra is)
In this process, you will describe how you feel about the issue, and as you do each round, you may find your words changing, as new insights occur to you. Periodically, you should take a moment to ask yourself how you feel again on a scale of 0 – 10. Typically, you will find the emotional or physical pain is reduced significantly after just a few minutes of following this procedure. You may want to repeat it again several times over the course of days or weeks, until you can achieve a zero level of discomfort and can maintain it. But, there are occasions when the issue seems to be solved after only one session.
Louise Hay, You Can Heal Your Life
One of the reasons I want to create my own tapping scripts is that I believe in Louise Hay’s analyses of which mental/emotional issues are related to physical symptoms. As a practitioner of Complementary and Alternative Medicine for many years, I have seen results based on her conclusions. Therefore, my scripts will incorporate those teachings into the language I am using to help myself heal. Her web site is: http://www.louisehay.com/. The book listing symptoms, reasons, and affirmations is: Heal Your Body. There are many videos of Louise, who, having cured herself of cancer years ago, now is in her 90’s and still going strong. Here’s one.
The foregoing has been an introduction to the topic of the Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) for those of you who are new to the subject. For individual scripts, or for the special $ 8 4 8 scripts I have created, see my blogs which are samples I have developed for various issues. I am creating the first ones this week (May 7, 2013), and my first topic will be about Vision: Eyesight and Insight.
Thank you for sharing Life with me. I hope you enjoy them.