Classes Vary From Basic Business Topics to Holistic Healing and Metaphysics, to Racism and Activism
Below (and on the sub-menu pages on this site), you will find a partial list of classes and training modules in 1) basic business topics, 2) computing for beginners, and 3) a wide variety of personal or spiritual growth subjects.
During the pandemic, we’ll probably meet via Zoom or a similar media, rather than in-person, as I would have preferred. It’s okay. We can figure it out in a way that suits us.
Before we go on, I have a colleague who does a great job of teaching kids and adults (including corporate executives) about the proper etiquette to use in job interviews, meetings, at dinners, and networking events. If you need that service, let me know, and I’ll put you in touch with her.
Public and Private Options
- As a trainer and personal life coach, I develop new offerings often. My classes are available to individuals or to groups in private or public sessions.
- For those classes that are open to the public, see the schedule (for Northern Virginia) on my social media pages (listed below) or on posted announcements on this site.
- I do not post notices about private sessions for groups or individuals.
- As an author and consultant, I’ll be doing a lot of other kinds of work online in the future, so be sure to contact me to ask about a class you would like me to hold if you don’t see something already scheduled. I probably can accommodate your needs.
- You also could engage me to customize classes or training for your own needs.
DYI + Help?
A different option is for you to hire me to review, edit, or write your own training materials, whether they are handouts in Word or PowerPoint presentations.
Book Me to Create and Conduct My Classes or Yours!
Contact me for a free initial consultation (about 30 minutes by phone or in-person) at
If you prefer to send a private message through Facebook, here are some of my FB business pages.
My Persuasive Presentations, LLC.
Nancy’s Notions – A Writer’s Bloc
Nancy’s Novelty Photos on Pixels Products for You
Nancy’s Novelty Infographics for Speeches, Training, Conferences, Retreats
Okay, let’s look at some of my training and class offerings now.
Keep scrolling until you find an area of potential interest to you.
Aging Beats the Alternative – a Series of Classes!
This is a series of sessions about the transitions people make as their bodies, lives, needs, health, and attitudes change over time.
Closely related is a workshop for women on “Putting Yourself First For A Change.”
Coping with Grief and Loss – Tools and Techniques
I also teach about handling various forms of grief, surviving the loss of a loved one (job, skill, or whatever is of major value to a person), overcoming fears or limiting beliefs, and changing habits that do not serve you well.
These topics may be taken as individual classes or part of the series on Aging.
A related class is about “Getting Unstuck” as the principles and techniques may be quite similar.
Class Notes and Customized HypnoMeditations to Take Home With You
For certain classes, I create customized HypnoMeditations to make available to attendees. These are guided meditations that help you address the issues we’ve discussed in class and to increase your self-confidence that you can achieve the desired results.
“All You Need To Know About….”
Training in Basic Business and Beginner Computer Skills
Take a Single Class or a Series of Classes
Most of my classes are introductory overviews which can be followed by workshops. I give extensive handouts, with links and resource references, in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction!
I prefer giving one-one-one private sessions to people who are unaccustomed to using computers. It’s less stressful, and we can proceed at your own pace without worrying about what anyone else is doing and how fast or slowly they are proceeding.
Some of the training sessions I offer are as follows.
Basic Business Correspondence
These classes can be for large or small audiences and even for individuals. They can be customized to meet your needs.
Creating Effective Elevator Speeches or Long Presentations for Many Occasions
An “elevator speech” or “elevator pitch” is comprised of what you might say to people in an elevator who ask, “What do you do?” Your goal is to state – quickly and clearly – the key points about your business or project in a way that makes them want to know more. The concept is that you only have the amount of time it takes for them to get to the floor on which they will leave the elevator.
That is the short version. However, I also teach how to use the same material in an expanded form for occasions, such as when you are partnered with a stranger at a dinner, for example. There are “Do’s” and “Don’ts” which I’ll be happy to share with you.
For speeches and longer presentations, ask about my class on How To Give Persuasive Presentations. I’m also making that class available as an eBook. Contact me if you would like a copy.
Creating Basic Typed Documents ~ “Put Your Words Into Word”
(a training class for beginners).
- We’ll learn how to write, using a computer. We’ll find out how to insert pictures, how to format documents, how to print them, and more.
- You’ll learn how to create a document from a blank page or a template (with pre-designed formatting) to use in projects like blogging, letters (personal or business), your life story (a legacy for your grandchildren or a real book), poetry, proposals, business plans, invitations, ads, or scripts.
- Your Word document also can become content for your web page, a speech, or for many more dual purposes.
Creating Creative PowerPoint/Videos ~ for business or pleasure.
The following two short videos are samplers from one of my series of classes on “Aging Beats the Alternative.” I’m sharing them just so you can see that they were created in PowerPoint and then converted to videos, which is what I can teach you how to do.
- Learn how to put words and images into slide format (with or without narration or music). The slides can be converted to videos if you wish. They can be used for personal or business purposes, to depict volunteer activities, and to educate people.
- You could use this skill for anything from a business plan to a fancy invitation to an event. Use your imagination! It tells your story visually for an audience that needs to see, not just hear what you have to say.
Tutoring in Copywriting
- For Word Press pages and posts.
- Length of articles
- Use of language
- + more.
Entrepreneurship 101 Training
How To Start A Business
Especially for job seekers, who have not yet found success, I provide an overview of some of the many things a person must consider first and then do if starting a business – even if it is a one-person consultancy.
People Wondering If They Should Start A Business
I designed this class for a beginning entrepreneur who does not know what is involved, but wants to consider options and/or is just starting and wants to ensure “all bases are covered.”
People Already In Business Who Had No Advance Guidance
What I learned in teaching it is that many current business owners did not know the things I teach, and some of those items are critical to succeeding and to compliance with laws governing businesses! It is a great refresher course, for budding and newly-minted entrepreneurs.
These classes can be for large or small audiences and even for individuals. I offer a one-hour mini overview class, but I teach most of the classes as 6-hour workshops. I provide extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction. I teach the class in English, but you may get some of the extensive notes in a Spanish translation, while copies last.
Contact me for a FREE initial consultation as to content and price.
Basic Training in Job Hunting
Competing for Jobs In The Technology Age
Again, I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
- Job-hunting is very different from how it was done even five years ago. The resume is not even used in some instances, so you need to know what else you must do. However, when the resume is created, it has new requirements. We’ll discuss that in a class or consultation.
- Meanwhile, here is a testimonial from a person I helped with a complex, highly technical background in a hugely competitive industry. He was hired – by telephone – only a few hours after he uploaded the resume and cover letter, even though the employer already had decided on another candidate he had interviewed.
- Each person is different, as is each job description, and purpose, so there is a lot of work involved.
- My Professional Resume Package includes one or two versions of a resume, a cover letter, and a thank you letter. If you don’t want me to do it for you, I can teach you the class, so you can help yourself.
Create a Basic LinkedIn Page To Find Employment or Customers
- LinkedIn is designed for professionals to use for professional purposes only, and it is A MUST for job-seekers because roughly 90% of Human Resources or Hiring Authorities are looking at an applicant’s LinkedIn page before deciding whether an interview will be granted. You NEED to have a well-developed LinkedIn page to be taken seriously.
- I’ll teach you about key things to do and to avoid in order to be successful at presenting yourself on LinkedIn.
- Let me help you. I shall use my page to show you examples of things I did correctly and the mistakes I made.
- Note: as with all things social media, LinkedIn changes things constantly and without notice, but we’ll learn the basics.
Basic Training in Social Media Venues
I am not an expert in all social media platform use, so I shall make referrals if you need more sophisticated knowledge than I can provide. Primarily, I teach this kind of topic to “seniors” and to other people who are not familiar with computer use and the Internet. They may feel insecure about their ability to learn it, and I provide a safe, non-judgemental set of instructions to help them get started.
Again, I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, participants can pay better attention and take fewer notes, because they are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
- Creating Basic Facebook Pages ~ (for business, personal use, events, invitations, sales, etc.) Facebook allows you to create personal pages for communicating with your friends (and acquiring new ones you’ve never met). It also allows you to create business pages or groups for your business and to promote events, as well as to sell online. Note: as with all things social media, Facebook changes things constantly and without notice, but we’ll learn the basics.
- Making Friends with Meetup ~ Meetup.com is easy to use and a great resource for people who do not want to use dating sites, but who want to find new friends with shared interests. You can choose any subject you like. Examples range from photography or hiking to raising pigs or just going out to dinner or a movie. It’s easy and convenient. When you join Meetup, you always know of some options for getting out of your routine (or your house) to find and make new friends.
Metaphysics and Meditation
Examples include Meditation, Metaphysics, Holistic Healing, Correcting Eyesight, Exploring the Akashic Records, NLP (Neuro-linguistic Programming), Transpersonal Hypnotherapy, Affirmations, etc. I give extensive notes, links, and resource reference to students in almost all my classes and training sessions. That way, you can pay more attention and take fewer notes, because you are not trying to memorize or remember every instruction.
Classes range from one-hour offerings to half or day-long or weekend sessions.
These two are half to whole day classes, depending on how many people are in the class. 1) Overview of Complementary and Alternative Medicine modalities 2) Meditation, Affirmations, and Visualization (compare and contrast).
There are many more topics, including ways in which to enhance your vision or to obtain information from the Akashic Records. These classes are described in my holistic health website: www.getwell.guru. I update them, as new classes are developed. They often are available both as webinars and in person. In some cases, you can get just the PowerPoint, video, or hard copies less expensively. Please check me out.
Let’s Collaborate to Create new Classes that Meet Your Individual Needs.
- You give me the topic and the raw materials.
- I flesh it out and jazz it up into a class presentation.
- You teach or, or I teach it.
- I do additional research, find graphics, etc., if you wish.
What If We Talk and You Decide to Do It Yourself?
That’s fine. That’s why I offer a free initial consultation. In that session, we determine whether we are a good fit, whether our schedules are compatible, etc. If you decide to do it yourself, and you might need slides to announce your breaks, breakout session exercises, etc., check out Nancy’s Novelty Infographics for great ideas. You can purchase single images, or collections, or mixed multiples. Here’s are a couple of samples.
Nancy’s Novelties: Photos on Pixel Products
You also could consider using some of Nancy’s Novelties: Photos on Pixel Products as gifts for participants or presenters in swag bags or raffles. Here are just a couple of examples of my photos on merchandise, such as tote bags, mugs, phone chargers (etc.) which the Pixels company distributes on my behalf.
Contact me for a FREE initial consultation. 540-646-4311 or use the form below.
Fees by the Hour or by the Project
My fees vary, depending on whether you choose:
- customized or off-the-shelf products/classes/services
- editing, writing, reviewing services
- individual or long-term training services.
Fees also are influenced by the:
- amount of lead time you provide
- complexity of the work
- amount of research involved.
- travel requirements
- ability to do the work and transmit it online for the most part.
Reduced Rate for VIP Clients Who Have a Retainer Contract
If you put me on retainer for six months, I’ll give you a reduced rate. You also may qualify in other ways to be one of my VIP Clients. In addition, I occasionally give discounts to specific networking group members and to worthy causes. Contact me for details.
Your thoughts? Contact me!