Attention Writers and Wannabe Writers!
(Poetry and Prose)
#vss365? #prompts? How would you like to play along with men and women from all over the world who participate in these brain-teasing short challenges?
“You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” ~ Zig Ziglar
(Click Here to get the Quote on a spiral notebook.)
Every day, the facilitator on Twitter gives us a mind-exercising word prompt that we are to use in creating poetry or prose. They get the creative juices flowing and help us start each day with something deliciously new to contemplate.
(By the way, you don’t have to respond immediately. You have the whole day to figure out what you want to post.)
So, I hope more of you will join us in the #vss365 (very short stories – 365 days a year) #prompt (the word you use when you create a Twitter-sized response in poetry or prose) challenges on Twitter! It’s for everyone – from people who’ve never written poems or prose before all the way to real Pros! Here are some details.
- You can write something humorous, elegant, scary, or abstruse – whatever you want to do will work!
- People don’t usually do this, but you may submit more than one entry per #prompt word.
- You don’t have to add photos, but I love color and images, so I usually choose to use them.
If you add #writingcommunity and/or #poetrycommunity to your post, you open the doors to meet writers of all genres who may see your work.
This Week’s Samples and How You Can Ask Questions
If you want to be a Guest Contributor to my website for #vss365 or for #Haiku work, or if you would like to learn more about some other goodies I offer, keep scrolling after you read my #vss365 #prompt responses.
You can always contact me for a free, initial consultation to get details about anything I present. Just email me at #MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail. com. and put “Inquiry” – and your topic – in the subject line.
Below are this week’s samples.
October 16, 2021
#vss365 #propmpt #fun #Haiku
October 15, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #ebb #love #death #metaphysics
October 14, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #river
Glaciers and snowmelt
Feed the rivers that feed us
Can we survive without them?
Photo by David Mark
October 13, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #fireflies
October 12, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #tangle #Haiku
I knit caps.
Tangles litter floors.
Cats play “Yarn.”
#vss365 #prompt #tangle #haiku
Entangles prey in
October 11, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #heron #Haiku
October 10, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #woods #Haiku
Know this well
The woods are alive
October 10, 2021
#vss365 #prompt #woods #tanka
Some just walk in woods.
I am surrounded by woods.
Coons bowl with plant pots,
Trees crash, deer eat flowers, and
Roads freeze. Snow-bound, I suffer.
Come Back Next Week for More!
In the Meantime,
I Have Much More to Teach and Share!
Join over 8,000 users on this site and
keep reading to get some other ideas, including about being a Guest Contributor.
I hope you’ll follow me on Twitter @NancyKnowsLife. Of course, you should vet/screen me first to see if I post things suitable for your values and interests on this page.
To summarize, I post about:
- wellness topics (from Eastern and Western medicine, metaphysics, meditation, and holistic healing modalities (I have many certifications). These posts may be taken from experts or from my other website (My Get Well Guru)
- photography and other arts (dance, painting, music, etc.)
- motivational or philosophical quotes, writing, poetry, training, small business topics.
#vss365 Guest Contributor Options
To see only the #Vss365 #prompt posts in one place on this website, Click Here. It will give you “the rules” plus lots of examples to kickstart your imaginings. Of course, you can stop here, or…
Click Here to learn about the benefits of submitting some of your work as a guest contributor. (You keep the copyright. We just agree that I may post the work on my website.)
BUT – SCROLL ON TO LEARN MORE about my other creative projects – one of which you can do, too!
I Also Post About Other Things I Do + Some Offers
Nancy’s Novelty Presentation Infographics for Speakers, Trainers, and Event Coordinators
- Since I am a public speaker and conduct classes and consultations, I felt the need to use infographics to announce breaks, instructions for break-out sessions, and more, so I created these inexpensive collections to benefit others, as well.
- Most themes have several individual “slides” that can be bought separately or as a collection.
- These can be used online or in person.
- People who have used them came back for more! Some also asked me to customize infographics for them.
- Here are some quick samples. As you can see, there are different themes correlated to the kind of group that is holding an event.
Again, you can always contact me for a free, initial consultation to get details about anything I present. Just email me at #MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail. com. and put “Inquiry – Infographics” in the subject line.
Nancy’s Novelty Photos on Pixels
This is the thing you can do also. Click Here to learn more. (You’ll see how to do it after scrolling through my own goodies.)
- As of this writing (10-16-2021), I have had over 121,000 visitors to my site. It’s kind of like going to a museum to see all the themes and images there!
- As of this writing (10-16-2021), I also have 63 Collections housing 517 Images, and I add more frequently.
- They make great, inexpensive gifts for one’s self and others (friends, family, co-workers, visits to people in medical or other care facilities, etc.)
- When I post there, it means that the image being shown now is available on the following merchandise.
- mugs, wall art (canvas, metal, framed, etc.)
- home decor (towels, shower curtains, duvet covers, throw pillows, and more)
- T-shirts and sweatshirts for people of all ages (including infants)
- yoga mats
- tote bags
- cell phone covers
- battery chargers
- spiral notebooks
- and even more
Here’s a sample of my “Best Cattleya” on a weekender tote bag followed by a few other samples on coffee mugs, spiral notebooks, and weekender bags.
All of the images I supply are available on spiral notebooks, mugs, shirts, and tote bags – which make great gifts for writers. You can do this, too. Don’t forget to click on the link I gave you if you want to learn more.
Again, you can always contact me for a free, initial consultation to get details about anything I present. Just email me at #MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail. com. and put “Inquiry – Photos on Pixels” in the subject line.
Nancy’s Novelty Memes & Quotes
Similarly, I make memes, often using quotes, that people may purchase inexpensively. Click Here to learn more. (I occasionally include some of these in Nancy’s Novelty Photos on Pixels also for people who would like them on t-shirts, mugs, spiral notebooks, or posters, etc.) For writers, spiral notebooks with motivational covers can help keep notes for different projects easy to spot and more uplifting to use than just having scraps of paper everywhere. (I should know … I’ve been a bit too “scrappy.”)
Here are samples.
Once more, you can always contact me for a free, initial consultation to get details about anything I present. Just email me at #MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail. com. and put “Inquiry – Memes” in the subject line.
Writing/Editing, Public Speaking, Classes, and Consultations
I hope you’re having fun with #vss365 #prompts and that you’ll join us on Twitter. For other kinds of writing services and tips, Click Here.
I do so many things – from writing and editing services, to teaching and training and holistic healing services. You can always contact me for a free, initial consultation to get details about anything I present. To talk about classes, consultations, and/or writing and editing projects, email me at MyPersuasivePresentations@gmail.com. Put “Inquiry” plus your topic into the subject line.
I look forward to hearing from you!
In the meantime,
Do It The Write Way! Let My Fingers Do Your Talking!